I had to share this fantastic example of our rural and remote youth taking action to improve our communities…
The ideas developed by young people who took part in February’s Heywire Regional Youth Summit have been brought together in one useful publication, which is available for download now from the Heywire website.
Communities and groups are being invited to have a look at the proposals and if they are interested in piloting one of the programs in their own communities they can apply for funding to make it happen.
In short the ideas are:
In short, the ideas are:
• Consumers Caring for Our Farmers Future; valuing our food producers by displaying farm gate prices.
• Fresh Face Friday; a day without make-up to tackle body image.
• The Green Room; school workshops to break the silence around mental health.
• Keys Please; a fresh campaign to tackle drink driving.
• Getting the Balance Right; a day for positive representation of youth in the media.
• Cutting the Red Tape; fostering youth ideas in regional towns.
• Breaking Down the Door day; events to end LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) discrimination.