from the farmer health website:
The commonly portrayed view of farming and agriculture through much of the media in recent years has been one of drama or gloom – either hazed by the dust of drought or submerged beneath swelling floodwaters.
For those that have experienced aspects of country life – from farmers to visiting urbanites – we know there is much to celebrate! Despite the adversity, most farmers will tell you they are still farming because they love it and the endless trail of meandering caravans through rural Australia is testimony to the attraction held by the broader population.
Here is your opportunity to share your positive vision of all that agriculture and farming means to you.
Let your photograph tell a thousand words – images that portray our brown, green and gold paddocks; our ‘clean and green’ food bowl; the landscape on a foggy morning or bursting with afternoon sunshine; machinery hard at work or resting in anticipation; livestock holding our gaze; farmers working safely, or your vision for the future of agriculture.
Help celebrate the farming families that support this industry!
Snapshot of the Competition
- Photography Exhibition displayed at The Hamilton Art Gallery from 29th August – 14th October, 2012
- Judged by renowned photographers David Fletcher, Jill Frawley and ASTW Travel Photographer of the Year Ewen Bell
- Winners to be announced at the Conference Welcome Reception on Monday 17th September, 2012
- Cash prizes for winning entries and Ewan Bell’s “Photography for Travellers” book to be won
- Entries close Sunday 1st August, 2012.
- Contact Details;
Felicity Little, Event Coordinator
National Centre for Farmer Health
Felicity.Little@wdhs.net or (03) 5551 8533